Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dodgers & Stuff

So here's what has been going on this week!
First Mon. & Tues. were just prep days for training and running last minute errands, ect. 
Wednesday to Friday was New RD training and it was GREAT!  So many new things to learn about and grow in but it was so helpful and I finally feel a little more aware of what is going on around here : )
Also another fun thing, our friend Pastor Jim Low was in town for some classes at Master's so we got to hang out with him last night at a Dodger's game.  It was a great game and we had so much fun! Here are some pics from last night....








Oh! We also saw Captain America this week and we LOVED IT.  Such a good flick! And I must confess,we saw it twice- once with friends and once without : )
I also got a new phone this week that has internet! I was warned last week that an RD needs to be able to check their emails and calendars at all times, to which I thought, "you must be exaggerating."  Well...They were right and it only took about 24 hours to realize the truth behind their comment.
But I love my new phone and am so thankful for it!
Also, for any of you ALIAS fans out there- I was at the Americana which is this awesome, outdoor shopping place in Glendale, and I saw SLOAN!! Yes, that's right and I have witnesses to prove it : )

I have also been learning so much about leadership and the Lord how he is the engine to all of the stuff He has placed in front of me lately.  I've gently reminded by His word about hwo important quiet and prayer times are.  I feel like I am learning so much about my inadequacies and weaknesses but I just keep on remember that verse that says, "His grace is sufficient for me, for His power is made perfect in my weakness..." 

If you could keep us in your prayers the month of August is going to be a doozy!  Here is my schedule...
1st week: RD Retreat
2nd Week: RA Retreat
3rd Week: SLS Retreat
4th Week: WOW Week

Matt and I are also praying for a job for him.  So if you could lift him up in your prayers we would greatly appreciate it!  But we know He is in control and has perfect timing for everything.